Monday, January 28, 2008

Rock On!

So I was gonna do a post with just a scan of this incredibly hep button featuring buckskinned rockers the Stampeders, outlining their refreshingly direct two-step plan for global hegemony. The button itself is such a thing of garish crowd-parting beauty, it seemed to be a story unto itself.



However, upon removing the relic from the scanner, I noticed a faint etching on its back. Just in case you can't decipher my weak photographic skills (and the etching was faint), it reads: "June 13/73 Ontario Place Forum".



I guess the original owner thoughtfully decided to commemorate the button-purchasing moment, which happened to be the night these guys recorded their live "Backstage Pass" LP. Which you can sample at their official site. I recommend the tune "In The Shadows". Not only that, but according to the site they're still at it, 30-plus years later!

As for where I picked up the pin, god knows...

No comments: